Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Sock Monkeys :)


They are so adorable. So one of my new hobbies is making sock monkeys. I didn’t know that people actually liked them. Weird, huh? I mean, I really didn’t think they would be a hit, but they are. I have all these requests from all these people that I never knew. LOL that’s a lie. But the previous part wasn’t. I just think it’s funny, or a funny outcome from people’s reaction.

The picture posted with this blog is a picture of some of the sock monkeys I made for my friend(s). I really think that the black/orange one is ugly, but my bf insists that it's cute. So he officially made it his, with or without my consent.

It all started when I made one for my teacher. Of course, no one saw it until we went to her house for a party. Being the person that I am, I showed it to everyone and they loved it! Now, everyone wants one, which I really don’t mind. I don’t mind making them for my friends. But they do take a lot out of you. Just a few more to go.

Now that I think about it, I don’t even have a sock monkey of my own. All the sock monkeys that I have made, I gave them all away. I only have a pig-rabbit, but my sister made that one for me. (She was the one who introduced me to sock monkeys). I don’t have a single one to myself. I think I’m going to keep it that way for a while.

My boyfriend thinks that I should start selling them on ebay or something for profit. But I obviously told him NO! He just didn’t understand why I said no.

2 comments:

My Favorite Things said...

Girl, you need to start charging (Chong says you should give me a commission), or at least charge $5.00 for the materials. You aren't even charging for the labor. Do you want me to make you a sock monkey?

Barney said...

I thought AO was sewing these sock monkey? I guess NV in TC is doing the sewing/labor of these cute little creature know as sock monkey. How can I get one from you guys?