Saturday, January 25, 2014

Mi Noog Fav Cover

I recently found this cover of Mi Noog and I have to say:  it's my favorite cover so far.

The artists are a group named:  DOG DiG, they are rock(ish) band from Thailand.  I've been trying to listen to some of their original stuff but I haven't decided if I really like them or not.  But this cover just blew me away.  I am officially a fan!!  Check them out here:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmBb2JOBVfc

I am most surprised that Hmong Thailand people know Hmong English songs.  It just blows my mind and it's kinda awesome.  Seriously!  I have another group I'm starting to love and I will blog about that at a later date.

3 comments:

My Favorite Things said...

Sister, they do a really good job pronouncing the Hmong words. That really adds to making the song sound even better!!! Just my opinion. Even if the band is Hmong Thai and the song is a "Hmong American" song, it's still in Hmong. Plus, the lyrics are really moving and it's a good song.

Aplysia Oceanography said...

I just love how the song starts off all slow and melodramatic and ends super screamo!!! love screamo!!! it's so awesome! :)

My Favorite Things said...

Yes sister, I know how much you love screamo.