Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Sewing and Craft Endeavors

I have been really busy lately but I wanted to cosplay a few things before I check out permanently.   I can officially cross off Fionna the Human from my list because I had the chance to dress up as her already.  This is a list of what I want to be and/or things that I need to make.  I already have some items that are needed for the outfit, but not yet complete yet.

1) Ringmaster from a circus - I actually bought a crop whip for this outfit.  :)  But I still need a few more items.  But I am super excited.  I just bought some black Stretch fabric that I can use to make short shorts so I'm kinda excited about this project.

2)  Little Red Riding Hood - I am in the process of making this already.  I actually spent most of my night last night making the cape/hood.  It actually turned out really nice.  I didn't finish it because I am waiting for my iron to come so that I can iron the hood to make the lines all crisp.  I will post pictures soon.  I'm really excited because it's almost done!

3) ? Hinata Hyuga from Naruto /Mikasa from Attack on Titan ? - I actually just wanted to cosplay an anime character from a show  I watch.  I don't actually know what to cosplay as right now.  But i do have my Sesshomaru costume that I have never worn.  Maybe I can do a gender bender with that costume.  It's actually too big for me and I would need to make alot of things smaller

4)  Modernized Hmong inspired top.  I don't exactly know how I am going to make this yet.  However, I did get black and light blue stretch fabric to make it.  I just bought the fabric so that I would actually make it.  I'm excited though.  :)

5)  Korean Traditional Clothes: Hanbok - I am going to make my own.  I wanted to make a kimono but I already made one in the past and I left the pattern at home (not here with me).  So I was wondering what I should do.  I remembered how beautiful Korean clothes were and wanted to buy a pair.  However, looking at tutorials online and stuff, it seems relative easy to make it.  Therefore, I am going to make myself my own Hanbok.  So that I can chose the colors I want and stuff.  I'm actually really excited about this project.  I couldn't believe how easy it was to make this outfit myself.  I haven't started making anything yet, but I think I want to shop around a little bit longer.  I just want to do color swatches first before I dive into anything.  I love solid dark colors, but I don't know if I would actually like a brighter color or not.   Since I love dark colors so much.  But bright colors have been slowing creeping up onto my good side lately.  oh well.  more updates later.

Will show pictures as I complete them.  :)  I also made a new rule.  I can't make or continue to another project without completing the previous project first.  For example, I can't make my Korean hanbok before making my little red riding hood costume, since I already bought all the fabric for the project and have them just sitting there.


1 comment:

My Favorite Things said...

Traditional Korean clothes are NOT made for girls with curves. Please share when you're done. :) I'm still working on my Hmong clothes (more like, need to work harder).