Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Austenland by Shannon Hale



 http://novelreaction.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/austenland.jpg
I am really excited!  I read this book a few years ago when I was crazy about spinoffs of Jane Austen.  It was a really good book, but the reason I am so excited is that it is being made into a movie.  I am so excited; I really hope it lives up to the hype.  J  Seriously, some movies just kills the story sometimes.  However, I am really glad that I read this book before the movie came out or during the time the movie is being made.  I don’t know but I feel like I get to choose how the character looks like, without an actor’s face getting in the way.
For example, in The Hunger Games, I saw the movie before I even knew anything about the books.  So when I was reading the books, I swear I couldn’t get Jennifer Lawrence’s face out of my head (Katniss Everdeen).  It really sucked.  I wasn’t too happy about that. 

I really hope Austenland does well; it is highly anticipated. 

So, have you ever read Austenland?  What did you think of the book?  If you haven’t read it, do you think you will?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When are you going to blog again?

Aplysia Oceanography said...

@Anonymous:

I just updated my blog. I know, it's been too long. I've just been really busy. I'm really sorry. I have been losing weight lately and I've been doing really well. :) I am planning to write less and post images more. Sounds more like my kind of thing.