Friday, June 22, 2012

New Dress

I just received a new dress today and I'm so excited! So excited that I had to take a picture of it! So I decided that I would wear makeup and get my hair done.  Please excuse me for the quality of these pictures.  I was home alone again and I had to take these pictures myself.  

Here is the first picture:
 This is just a shot of face so that you can see my makeup and my hair.  The sun is starting to set through the windows of my apartment (facing west), so I couldn't take pictures outside or directly towards in the sun.  Direct sunlight on faces always sucks in photographs.

To tell you the truth, I was a bit lazy so I only teased and curled a little portion of my hair in the front and tied everything back.  I feel like if I never told you, you wouldn't know (unless you saw it yourself in person).

The makeup isn't quite a lolita/dolly look.  I didn't want to take too much time doing my makeup because I was a bit lazy.   So I did my makeup the fastest I could, but taking into consideration, not looking like a complete idiot.  So I just tried doing a very natural look with heavy lashes.  :)  False lashes are so fun to work with (now that I've gotten better putting them on).

You have to excuse my apartment for the time being.  It's a bit messy  (really messy) because my BF hasn't been cleaning lately.  I think he went on strike because he got a bit lazy.  And also, my place is a bit ghetto looking.  My BF is a true ASIAN BF so, he keeps a lot of clutter around the house and doesn't seem to like to throw away cardboard boxes.  Well, I guess it wasn't such a bad choice after all because we are going to be moving soon, so we are going to be needing all the boxes we can get our hands on.


The next 2 images focuses on my dress:
 The dress just got in earlier today.  I bought this dress on ebay from the seller:  geechlark.  You can check out her website:   geechlark.com.  She makes and hand sews all the clothes that she sells.  You can tell because there are thread lines here and there but they aren't too noticeable.  I don't know what it is, but it just gives you that home-made feeling to it, which is quite nice.  Also, I think she caters to more heavier ladies.  THANK YOU!  The only reason I got this dress is because it was the smallest one that she had for sale at the moment.  There was another one that looks like this one but it's purple and I really like it.  But it's a bit too big.  Apparently, she doesn't do custom sizes anymore.  So I can't just request a smaller dress. 

A few things I would like to say about the dress is that it's really big.  It's even big on me, even though I knew this before I bought it.  This isn't necessarily a good or bad thing.  It's  good because the dress can actually fit all of my bust.  It's a bad thing because it doesn't fit my figure very well.  So I had to wear a real corset under the dress and over-tie the small corset part in the front. So, I'm really happy at how it came out.

One thing I can't ignore is that there is no zipper on this dress but she does states this on her description.    So I had to wear the whole dress over my head, if that makes any sense to you (pullover dress).  I guess I just wanted mores space.  But other than that, the skirt is really full with lots of lace!  I always want everything to be fuller so I added a petticoat under the dress to be even fuller. 

Overall, I'm really happy with my new dress.  I can't wait for my other clothes to come so I can post more pictures and entries. I still have a few more dresses that are coming from all over!

I wonder how much my sister will freak when she sees all of these dresses I bought so far.  She seems to think that I am too into this kind of stuff, which I agree.  But as long as it doesn't take over my life, I should be fine. There is a limit to everything and I haven't reached that limit yet.




4 comments:

My Favorite Things said...

OMG, sister! You are way over your head. Do you actually wear this stuff in public? If you do, then, I guess. But if you don't, then quit spending.

On a more positive note, you do look nice.

Still, you need to quit spending so much money on this type of clothing, especially if you don't wear it in public.

Aplysia Oceanography said...

Yes, that's the plan: to wear it in public. However, I feel compelled not to wear it in this weather. Not only is it 104.4 degrees Fahrenheit, it feels like 115 degrees Fahrenheit AND 35% humidity. I would be complete dumb ass to be dressed like this in this kind of weather!

My Favorite Things said...

Then find something "summery" to wear. You know those Victorian girls probably had to go through a lot in those type of clothing back in the days, but of course without the air conditioning.

Aplysia Oceanography said...

LOL! I have been looking into vintage/retro clothing also, so that I can wear those during the hot summers here.