Thursday, June 21, 2012

Retro Hybrid


Picture taken: 06/10/2012

This was a retro look I was trying out. You obviously can not see that because I didn’t take a picture of the dress I was wearing, which was a 1950’s inspired dress that I bought from the Bettie Page store (Clothing Line: Tatyana) in Las Vegas when I was visiting during Memorial weekend 2011. I forgot to take a picture of me wearing the dress because I was focusing on my makeup. So below this, I will post a picture of the dress, which is just a picture I found on the internet.

The reason why I said that it was a hybrid is because the dress is very retro but the makeup is NOT. I decided not to do a 1950's pin up makeup that night because I wanted to work more on my dolly look. I wanted to practice more on drawing fake eyelashes on my bottom lashes. They may look easy but they aren't! It took me a while to find a technique that worked for me.

Oh, the HAIR! I wanted a retro look but not something extreme that would take a long time, especially no TEASING! I just didn't feel I had enough time to be doing too much since I had spent so much time on my makeup already. I thought it came out quite well! I was quite excited about the look. :)

Here is a picture of the dress:

No comments: