Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Victorian Remake Tank

 I got this tank top from my friend because she didn't want it anymore.  The tank top is from Old Navy and the only reason I decided to keep the tank was because of the pleats on the sides of the tank.  I just love pleats, but they are very harsh on my body type.   

However, I never wore it very much, especially since I moved here (to my new place, which was almost a year ago). Well, I decided that this tank top can also be victorian-ish, due to the pleats and I can always wear it as an undershirt when I have too much cleavage showing.  I decided to change the buttons to make it look a little bit more romantic and girlish.   Here is how it originally looks like with black buttons running down the middle. 



I went with my BF to Wal-Mart to buy some stuff and I stumbled upon these buttons!  They totally added to
the effect I wanted and they were only 78 cents!  Isn't that just awesome!  I finally had some time this morning and I hand sewed all the buttons onto the tank top.  Sewing doesn't take long, 1 hour max.

 Here is how the finished product looks like with its new white buttons.  I am really glad with the outcome of the final product.  The buttons were a bit snugged to get through the hole, but they fit just right.  I decided not to add anymore stuff onto the shirt/tank because I feel that there is a lot of stuff going on already.  I didn't want it to become an over-kill.  Well, tell me what you think. 

2 comments:

My Favorite Things said...

Neato. Why don't you add some ruffles to it too?

Aplysia Oceanography said...

Because I didn't want it to be an overkill. I already have pleats in the front.